Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dance, Dance Baby

OK, so I know that I am a transplant to Utah but I have never seen so many dances packed into one school year. you would think that by now I would have gotten used to all of the dances but my son is a senior and has two dances back to back!! I know that they are at separate school's but the cost can be overwhelming!

In good old Wyoming we had two formal dances and the rest were after a game or there was a dance called MORP. As I am sure that you have figured out is was prom spelled backwards so it would be similar to Sadies. It was a fun dance and not a lot of pressure.

Dances where just that-an evening dance. Here in Utah there has to be this huge all day date before the dance that evening. I would think that there is a good possibility that you are tired of your date about half way through the evening date!! The need to be super creative when asking and answering your date is also tremendous here.

With the economy the way it is who can spend the money for four dances (minimum).
Tux - $45
Flowers - $20 and up
Dinner - $50
Ticket - $20 and up
Pictures - $20 for single
$20 for group
Day date- $Free up to $50 (estimate from son)
Grand Total $175.00 on up!!!

It is insane!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home