Friday, August 28, 2009

Dancing First

My youngest went to her first school dance last night. The Middle School held a "back to school dance". She was telling me how one of her friends mom's embarrassed the girl by saying "it's my baby's first dance, don't dance with any boys unless it is ### and then you have to dance with him, he is so cute." After hearing this it was clear that making ANY statement close to this would be inappropriate for my daughter. I smiled and reminded her that going to your first dance is a milestone but I would not make a fuss.

Sorry to say I have no pictures, nothing to show just a hug and a kiss followed by "have a great time and make good choices." When she came home she thought it was the funnest dance ever and danced with boys as well as her girlfriends. She talked about and was happy we didn't make a fuss. This was when I finally let out "my babies first dance - I am glad it was fun for you." That was all I ever said and because it was after the fact it was appreciated more. Life is changing and there is nothing we can do to change it, just hang on and enjoy the ride.

1 Comments:

At August 29, 2009 at 7:46 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

Tell your daughter that I wanted to see a picture! I am glad she had fun.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home