Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Daughter the Princess

Finally, after many years my thirteen year old daughter decided it is acceptable to be a princess. When Peanut was little we took her to Disneyland for the first time at the tender age of five. She was shy about having any of the characters sign her autograph book and when she met Cinderella, Cinderella asked her if she was a Princess and Peanut answered with a resounding "NO!" The shock and embarrassment has never left us. I wondered that day if Cinderella thought Peanut came from an abusive home.

Now eight years later P made a choice to stand in line for an hour and a half to get autographs from Mulan, Jasmine and Ariel. She wanted to get the autographs for her little niece and nephew as much as for herself. Finally, she has decided that it is okay to be a Princess.
Disneyland is a magical place where all people get to be a kid again.

2 Comments:

At March 23, 2009 at 7:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I wanna go to Disneyland now...

 
At March 27, 2009 at 11:43 AM , Blogger lindsy said...

I love that she has finally decided that it is ok to be a Princess! I knew this day would come! I love your blog but I think that you should put pictures on it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home